Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's a World of Laughter, a World of Tears . . .

. . . Now try to get that song out of your head the rest of the day.

Looks like I inadvertently stumbled into "International Week" on the ol' blog, following yesterday's post from France with today's from Germany: an article in the Sueddeutsche newspaper about cancer-themed comics, including mine--ein Comic über Krebs.

This is more fallout from that paper in the British Medical Journal as well as the Graphic Medicine conference I mentioned yesterday. I was interviewed for this article a while ago, but had forgotten all about it until Ian Williams (also quoted in the article) sent me a link. Thanks, Ian!

When I saw that the article included a graphic of my comic in English, I was afraid the writer might not have realized that Mom's Cancer is also available in German. But reading down with my ossified high-school German, I see that Mutter hat Krebs is also mentioned, so all is well.

Once again, I can only imagine what Mom would have made of all this, but I imagine she'd be pretty proud.


2 comments:

Jim O'Kane said...

In response to your It's a Small World earbug, all I can say is:


Manah Manah.

Anonymous said...

I imagine she IS real proud!
: )
xo~
Nurse Sis